Radon Mitigation Systems
Can I install a Radon Mitigation System in my unit?
1) The outside radon fan must be installed in an unobtrusive location at the rear of the unit
2) The outside radon fan is required to be fitted with a properly fitting enclosure/cover, preferably in the color of the building trim/existing downspouts
3) The radon system PVC or aluminum discharge downspout should match the color of the existing downspouts.
4) The homeowner/contractor must obtain any required Village of Vernon Hills permits and inspection for electrical work.
5) Any damage to the exterior of the building, as a result of the installation/ongoing usage of the Radon Mitigation System, is the homeowner’s responsibility. Any damage to the exterior of the structure must be repaired immediately.
6) The homeowner is solely responsible for any liability, maintenance and repair of the Radon Mitigation system (and all of its components).
7) The contractor must provide proof of insurance (both liability and worker’s compensation)