LEASING RULES & REGULATIONS (NON-OWNER OCCUPIED HOMES)
Under the current rules and regulations, homeowners may rent or lease their townhomes, as long as they are in accordance with all relevant Village of Vernon Hills ordinances. Homeowners remain responsible for their townhome the same as if they were living in it. Homeowners are responsible for the actions of their tenants with respect to this community. As articulated in the rules and regulations, the following rules apply specifically to leases, tenants and off-site owners.
1. Regular monthly assessments shall be billed to the Homeowner. Any fines resulting from the actions of a tenant, tenant's family, guests, or pets shall be billed to the Homeowner.
2. Every lease/rental agreement shall be in writing and include notice that the tenant is subject to the Declaration, By-Laws and Rules and Regulations of the Association including fines for violations. The Homeowner shall give a copy of the lease to the Board or Managing Agent prior to occupancy by the tenant.
3. The Homeowner shall be responsible for providing tenants with copies of the Declaration, By-Laws and Rules and Regulations of the Association and shall notify the Managing Agent, in
writing, that this has been done no later than occupancy by the tenant.
4. The Homeowner shall remain responsible for maintenance of the townhome, and shall be liable for any damage to the townhome or common areas caused by the tenant or tenant's family, guests or pets. If a tenant repeatedly violates the rules of the Association, the Board at its discretion may require the owner to terminate the lease without penalty to the Association.
5. Off site Homeowners shall provide the Association and Managing Agent with their permanent
home and work addresses and telephone numbers.
6. A rental townhome shall only be used as a single-family dwelling and for no other purpose.
Boarding, room renting, or renting for transient or commercial purposes (eg. airbnb, VRBO, HomeAway, etc ) are PROHIBITED.
Any uncorrected lease, tenant and off-site owner rule violations are subject to fines and may be turned over to the Association's Attorney for appropriate legal action. All Association costs and fees, including attorney fees will be charged to the Homeowner.